Monday, June 11, 2012

50's flare... A makeup tutorial

Alright so I have been looking through latest makeup trends, and a lot of designers have been using the 50's cat eye. which I love. I love wings, especially for smaller eyes this enhances them drawing the eyes up making your eyes look not only sexier but bigger! Awesome right? So today I am going to show you how to achieve this simple look. Its just a thick wing on your upper eye lid.







My tutorial is more like the second picture, but feel free to spice it up with some colors!


 I started my putting rever-upper on by bare essentials. It helps hold the makeup. you can also use a primer if you please.


Next I used silver lining by Bare essentials to cover my whole lid. I made it darker on the bottom and lighter towards my eye brown


next i took black leather by bare essentials and i mixed a little bit of water with the powder to create a consistent paste. i used a fin tipped brush to do the eye liner.


draw a line all the way across the edge of your eye extending it out past the outside by a little bit.


draw your lines, i prefer to do this because it is easier to fix. draw the line from the corner of your eye halfway to your eyebrow then connect these lines to the middle of your eye.



fill this in and touch up areas your might have messed up. I finished my eyes off with volume mascara by bare essentials.


Repeat this on your other eye, then you are done such a simple and sexy look!! this looks good with nude or light pink lips. keep it simple like they did in the 50s!!


Hope you liked this. It was my first makeup tutorial and I really liked it! I may do more. I like anything from a simple eye to on the town shadowed eye, to a natural look. Today I was feeling simple. Happy Mondays my loves!!!

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” 
<3 Jordan

1 comment:

  1. Thankya Thankya For sharing. It is enjoyed. We Think it is absolutely stunning..From Paris With Love..

    ReplyDelete